What to Expect During a Contact Lens Fitting
Our expert staffs at Eye 1st Vision Center are here to help people in the Sandy Springs area find the contact lenses that are right for them.
Introduction to Contact Lenses
Contact lenses are a popular alternative to glasses. The first step in getting your contacts is to get an appointment for a contact lens fitting.
What Happens at a Contact Lens Fitting
At your first contact lens fitting, you will undergo a few quick procedures.
- Our optometrists will take a few measurements of your eyes to make sure your contact lenses fit.
- A health evaluation will test your eyes to determine which kind of contact lenses are best for you. This includes measuring your tear production to see if you need regular or moisture-retaining lenses.
- Our staff will help you find the lenses that match your style. This includes discussions about daily disposable vs extended wear lenses and whether or not you are interested in any cosmetic lense options.
Are There Different Kinds of Contact Lenses?
- Daily Disposable - These contacts are meant to be disposed of at the end of the day. These contacts are made with flexible materials that have higher water content for a more comfortable fit.
- Extended Wear - These contacts are designed to be worn for extended periods. The latest brands breathe along with your eye and naturally allow moisture to move back and forth.
- Toric - These specialty lenses have a slightly different shape. This allows them to naturally shift with gravity and interaction with your eyelids to fit eyes with astigmatism.
- Specialty Lenses and Astigmatism - There are a variety of specialty lenses in addition to toric contacts. Our staff can help you find the right lenses for you no matter how complex your vision is.
Get Your Contacts Today!
We are waiting to hear from you. Contact us at our Eye 1st Vision Center in Sandy Springs or give us a call today!