Your vision is one of your most essential senses. Our team at Eye 1st Vision Center provides a variety of eye care services to improve and maintain your family’s eye health. We are proud to provide the residents of Sandy Springs and the surrounding communities with quality eye care.
We can correct refractive errors, including:
- Nearsightedness (Myopia): This condition makes it difficult to see objects at a distance.
- Farsightedness (Hyperopia): This condition makes it difficult to see objects close-up.
- Astigmatism: This condition is characterized by uneven curves on the cornea, causing blurry vision at all distances.
We offer a few treatment options for these common conditions.
- Contact lenses are an excellent alternative to glasses. Contacts provide a more natural appearance than eyeglasses, and an eyeglass frame or dirty lenses won't obstruct your vision. If you are interested in contacts, we can perform a contact lens exam.
- LASIK is a laser-assisted surgical procedure that reshapes your cornea, so you will not need to rely on glasses or contacts to see clearly. Before you can have the procedure, one of our eye doctors will take your medical history and perform an exam to ensure that you fit the criteria and are a good candidate for the surgery.
- Ortho-K, also known as orthokeratology, involves the use of special contact lenses that treat nearsightedness, farsightedness, and mild astigmatism. The contacts are worn overnight and gently reshape your cornea as you sleep. When you wake up and remove the contacts, you will be able to see clearly all day without needing glasses or contacts. For your vision to be clear every day, you would need to wear the contacts every night. These contacts are a great alternative if you are not a good candidate for LASIK.
This condition occurs when your cornea is not strong enough to hold its round shape, causing it to bulge. This condition causes a variety of symptoms, including:
- Blurry vision
- Distorted vision
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Trouble driving at night
- Needing frequent changes in your eyeglass prescription.
- Sudden worsening of vision
- Cloudy vision
We can treat this condition using gas permeable lenses. These lenses are rigid contacts, and they can hold your eye's round shape in a way that soft contacts cannot.
Foreign Objects in the Eye
Foreign objects in the eye can be very dangerous. If you have something in your eye and cannot flush it out with water, you should never use your finger to remove the foreign object. Do not take the risk of scratching your cornea. We will remove the foreign object safely. If the object is embedded very deep, we can use a specialized drill to get the object out of your eye. We can also prescribe a bandage contact lens and antibiotics to prevent an eye infection after the extraction.
Quality Eye Care Services in Sandy Springs, GA
Our doctors of optometry at Eye 1st Vision Center in Sandy Springs provide many eye care services that are designed to help you see better. We also treat the symptoms of various eye diseases to maintain and improve your eye health. Call us today at 404-252-1702 to schedule an appointment with one of our eye doctors.